Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Perfect Reminder

This afternoon, hundreds of people gathered for two purposes: to honor my friend Sarah, and to be together with friends and family.



We held a "drop-in-family photo shoot" in her honor. I say, "we", but I was really just an encourager and a helper. My friend Amy, with her larger than life spirit and deeper than deep heart, headed up the idea with her buddy Kim. Anyway, what it was (if you were there, sorry to replay), was this: Beautiful Fall day in the park - just a grass, creek and trees park (very near Sarah's home), tons of kids running around and doing games and crafts, folk/bluegrass-ish fiddle music in the background (live - played by Sarah's neighbor and others), 6 professional photographers (7?) placed throughout, taking casual/fun family photos, a few of us checking people in while our young daughters and sons escorted families to photographers, no waiting lines, tons of homemade treats to eat, bunches of gorgeous gerbera daisies to hand out to the kids - all happiness. All of Sarah's family members were there, and so many special friends.



She touched so very many lives with her absolute beauty, her grace and her love. Today, even though a bit difficult a time or two - just because I miss her so much, was a wonderful reminder of who she was, and what lessons she gave to me. I am quite sure that today she was at the very least, smiling.



I miss you, Friend.

2 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

Wow. What a wonderful event. A great way to honor her memory. And photos to remember it by!

Kimmi said...

I'm so sorry Libby for your lost. I have cried my eyes out reading your all of entries.
I lost my grandmother last Nov. I was there holding her hands when she took her last breath. I felt at the moment, that I had taken my last breath.... but I have to keep living, because I know that my family needs me, and I know that Grandma would want me to getting living life to the fullest! Hang in there, I know that we both can and will get through our lost!!!