Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is there a cancer cloud?

I'm getting a little weirded out.

First, I lose Sarah.
Then, I lose Diana - breast cancer.
My Dad has cancer.
Mary, my friend from the kids' school, gets diagnosed with carcinoid.
Now, my Aunt has breast cancer.
And last night, I found out that one of my dance friends has breast cancer.

Is there a cancer cloud following me?

However, one of my dear friends from choir helped me stay on the ground last night. She is surviving fallopian tube cancer (about 2 years now), and she just had a clear check-up. She shared with me a great survival story of a friend of hers with leukemia. My other friend from choir is surviving testicular cancer (about 2 years now.) And, my husband, the bald man, is a week away from celebrating his 13th year after testicular cancer.

All I know is that we have to live as wisely and beautifully as we can - every second.

And I thank my wonderful friend Amy, who was miraculously sitting on the sidewalk outside my dance studio last night, and was able and willing to immediately take care of me when I was coming out from my tap class crumbling from the weight of all these pieces of news. She propped me back up, and I continued on to choir. Talk about "being there for a reason..."

Forward Ho! Right?

1 comment:

Hi Kooky said...

Seriously. Someone needs to check the water there I'm so sorry this is happening. Forward, ho! indeed. But it is necessary to stop sometimes and take a moment. I'm glad your friend was there. Also, my aunt just had cancer show up again after 10 years free from breast cancer. Dang.