Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day #7






Better day! I can't help but share some great news. Last night I found out from my Dad that his cancer symptoms are significantly less! Thanks to all who have, and who continue to pray for him!

We wandered in a different direction today, and found better stuff - like the Mediterranean Sea! We did have to get some groceries, and wash our clothes in the bathtub, but even that was fun. Look at the photo of Mr. Clean - he just doesn't seem so strong and tough as "Don Limpio."

The Sea is actually blue, and the sand is fine like baby powder. There are hardly any shells. Well, there might be more, but one would have to wade out into the water, and today, it was pretty chilly. We simply walked and sat on the sand and relaxed - together. This having time with one's spouse thing is really pretty good. He's a nice guy (and I have a bit of a thing for bald.)

We're experiencing a few cultural differences:
women walking on the beach with only bikini bottoms on (don't get too excited...)
general "not smiling and friendly" like we're used to in the US Midwest
one guy sm0king marijuana openly - perhaps legal here?
and the worst thing: asking the front desk person today if there was anything to be done about the continual smoking that's going on on our "non-smoking" floor, and being told that "no, we can't stop anyone from smoking."

Well, we adjust.

Tomorrow, we plan to do a little driving down the coast, so we'll see what that holds.......

1 comment:

Hi Kooky said...

Oooo! Pretty pretty sea blue. And sailboat red. I'm at that shore with you. The Mediterranean ROCKS. I saw it from the shores of Israel and Turkey.