
So not much to report today - just riding in planes, trains and automobiles - sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left, depending on the country. Now, I'm out of balance; I can't remember which is right! (for USA, that is)
I thought I would have an incredibly boring day to report, and I don't like being cramped up in all of th
ese modes of travel, but I lived. However, a couple of interesting moments did happen. As we got to Valencia - finally (I'm in Spain now, for the rest of the time) , and got into our cab (after the drive from Brighton to London, the plane ride from London to Madrid, and the train ride here - not that I'm complaining) we had
the most good humored cab driver! He was so friendly and kind, and the Bald Man was awesome at conversing with him. Sadly, I am not, so I stay quiet. Anyway, after we established that we were not from central Europe, perhaps Belgium, and established that we were from the US, he proclaimed, "Obama Wins!" He proceeded to tell us how happy he was about it, and that they (Spain?) knew he had a lot of difficult problems to solve, and that it would take a while, but that they thought he would do wonders for world peace. I do too. He's all over the place in Spain too, as I assumed he would be.At the end of our taxi ride, complete with many tips on what to do here, he very graciously and happily got our bags to us and shook BOTH of our hands! Nice.
We ate some dinner, washed some clothes, and now we're crashing. I did have an emotional moment earlier when I heard my girls' voices on the phone. I'm about at my normal limit for NEEDING to get back to them. I will be brave, as I know they are. Actually, I think they're having a jolly time with their family taking care of them. Tonight it was out to our favorite burger (slider) place and then to a "scent" store to have a fun workshop on making bubble bath out of things from the grocery store. Good Aunt and Uncle, huh?
Just a couple of shots from today - nothing too great.
1 comment:
Have you been to Spain before? I haven't. You must tell all about it. Does the bald man speak Spanish?
Also, the letters I have to type for "word verification" to post this comment are CRACH. That is a combination of two words, one of which is "scratch". I'll let you guess what the other is.
Post a Comment